Welcome!

Welcome to the home page of Charles N Wyble. Charles is a 24 year old systems guy, hacker and entrepreneur currently living in El Monte CA, with his wife of 3 years.

He is currently employed as a system engineer for Ripple TV with responsibility for a nation wide advertising network.

In his spare time he serves as Chief Technology Officer for the SoCalWiFI.net project, runs a hacker space in the San Gabriel Valley and tries to save the local economy.


Monday, March 02, 2009

Getting back in the groove

So I essentially took all of February off from extra curricular activities, in order to complete all the various projects that needed to be done around the house. I am very pleased with the results.

Now we are in a new month and it's time for me to get back into the groove. I have been pondering over the best method to move socalwifi.net and economy3.0 forward. I was in talks with a few people to put together a formal start up around the wireless/voip/iptv portions, but have abandoned that approach because I don't want the pressure. I am very well paid at my day job and want to focus on skill development when I spend time in front of a computer outside work. I don't want to replicate the experience of a day job (don't get me wrong I am very passionate about my job and the team I work with.)

So I have decided to take the approach of opening up a hacker space that focuses on developing system and network engineering skills. I will be taking some time this month to get things up and running in terms equipment, lab scheduling etc. Expect some blog posts on that over the next few days. I want to acquire skills, have fun and give others something productive to do during this economic down turn. Maybe I'll even host some Jelly sessions. I think that this is an excellent time for folks to study toward RHCE, CCIE certs.

No comments: